Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Saturday-Monday

Saturday, Joel and I explored Roosevelt Island. We took the air tram over to the island then walked/road the red bus all around - to the Octagon, Manhattan Park Apt, the one and only Gristedes, and the beautiful riverwalk. It was a nice step away from the busy life of the Upper East side and it's nice to know that that green space does exist.

Sunday was two notable item - new tennis shoes from Easy Spirit, YAY! and... A hotdog and smoothie from Gray's Papaya. Maybe I didn't get the right thing, but I am so not impressed. Will have to try again at a different shop.

Monday - I explored Carl Schurz's park - beautiful flowers and then headed along a different riverwalk (running some) and walked over a bridge to Ward's Island. Once crossing the big blue bridge for walkers only, it is green and there are ball fields and people fishing. Closes at 1am. Would be a great place for a picnic if you didn't mind the walk. I also experienced my first 'missing store'. I thought I'd head out to Godiva and Walgreens. I took my notes on where these places were and set out. Passing walgreens on the way, I headed to my farther destination of Godiva. Once I arrived at the location, I searched and searched... to no avail. This is wonderful chocolate you understand and after circling the area a few times, I admit, I had to give up and say, it isn't here. I'm not sure Where it is at, but I will try and find another one on Tuesday.

No comments:

Locations of visitors to this page