Thursday, July 2, 2009

New adventures!

So this whole making me get out and do something new everyday isn't so bad. I might have lacked inspiration and ideas at the beginning and might be fighting it off now while wanting to get comfortable in a routine, but it'll be good for me in the end. I'll know better how to get around and will have seem some cool things along the way. So... let's see.
Tuesday: There are lots of things that I'm tempted to put here, but only a few of which are new. I could say I went to Goodwill and the Petshop as new things, but I did those with Joel before I lived here, so that's kind of cheating. I could say I met up with him for lunch, and it would be the first time I did that while Living in NY... but my conscience is too scrupulous for that. So, instead, I went to Old Navy and Godiva. Godiva was in the mall under 6th Ave (Avenue of the Americas) and I tracked it down and got my birthday truffle and some chocolate bars at 10% off - again, yay birthday! And because I was so close... like 10 blocks, I took my self down to the Old Navy Flagship store. I had it on my list of things to do as they had a sale going and while I was this close, and I had looked up directions last week thinking I might make it there some time.... So I got some shorts and meandered my way back home...
Wednesday was a good one. I went up to the New York Botanical Gardens... It was a bit of a trek, took about an hour to get there, but all on the metro card - $2.25 each way? The pass is unlimited...so I guess it is less than that. But anyway, it was pretty nice. If nothing else, it was a lot of greenspace all together. There was forested areas and the Bronx river flowed right though the park. There were big old trees, a vegetable garden, rose garden, and then some other stuff which you had to pay for. I did not go in those parts as it was Free Admission to the Grounds only on Wednesdays and Sat from 10-12. I would say that the botanical gardens in STL is better compared with this one. It was also in the mid 80s, no wind and high humidity, a bad combination for the pants that I decided to wear... what was I thinking? Alas, I enjoyed it and here are a few of my photos...

















No comments:

Locations of visitors to this page