Wednesday, June 24, 2009

1 New thing...

Perhaps I have let this little guy go too long, and perhaps not. It's been a pretty hectic last.... um, gulp, 9 months. Now, it seems a daunting task to update my 'life story'. I think that's why I haven't written as I'm not sure how to jump from where I was in September and properly do justice to all that has really happened and is currently happening... For heaven sakes, I got married - it's not official you know, until you announce it on facebook and on your blog. 2 1/2 weeks ago now and I can't say as it has really set in. For all I know, I'm just visiting New York like I have 5 or 6 times in the past 9 months - minus my stuff sitting all over... and the fact that I have to make lunch for Joel in the morning and dinner at night - that's pulling on the reality string a little. I can at least do that as I'm a homemaker now, stopped the job at the end of April. All the wedding planning and stuff is over, minus those darn thank you notes - I shall start them soon. In the mean time though, I've issued myself a bit of a challenge. We are in this apt. until Sept 1st at which point we will be moving to somewhere yet unknown (that's a tricky little unknown right there) in the city. Since it might not be in as ideal location as this Upper East side - 15 min from everything - I have got to take advantage of where I'm at, by force if necessary. So, starting 2 days ago on Monday June 22, I started my pursuit.
Day 1 - I went to the post office. Blah blah, easy peasy you might say. NO! USPS was holding a package for us while we were gone and with the address and hopstop.com, I found it. I then stood in a line for 20 min only to find out I was in the wrong one and needed to go through the doors to the right and then make two lefts, OH, and I needed my ID and his. Sure. Couldn't they have mentioned that somewhere? A sign or something...? That and the ID thing - who else gets the mail that only I have a key to. Bah. So, with nothing in hand, I headed to Central Park for a walk and a read.
Day 2 - Target. Remember the good old days of jumping in the car? Yea, no. Another visit to hopstop - which will be my best friend - showed the closest in Brooklyn, so there identified where I was headed. 45 min there, 30 min back and not a wrong train taken yet. I did walk around for 20 min in the Atlantic Terminal as there was construction and about 5 unmarked dead ends I managed to find... but I did find the Target. I bought up as much as I could carry and then walked around outside just a bit before heading back on a new route that I may have had to call Joel to get. What would I do without him? I must have been hankering for sweets as when I unloaded at home, I had 3 boxes of cookies.

And now I sit here on Day 3 uninspired. Old Navy downtown? New York Public Library? There has to be something... I guess I will have to decide by the time the FedEx guy gets here - waiting on a package today and tomorrow...

No comments:

Locations of visitors to this page