Thursday, June 25, 2009

Days continued...

Day 3 - It's been raining most of the day, so I stayed in until 5 working on more name changing shenanigans, it's a pain and also not new in NY. After the rain I headed out to Rainbow Hardware with a S hook in hand hoping to add some more hanging places in the kitchen. What I found out when I got there, was that I'd already been there with Joel! Foiled! Doubly foiled in that they didn't have any S hooks - Pots, pans, ice cream, shelving units, toiletries and a pharmacy, and more. That's a strange Hardware store. In my search through every aisle though, I did come across something super beneficial for the sink. It's a flow meter. While I'm not super concerned about how much water comes through the sink, it will at least assure me that it comes out in an even flow and downward - not some funky angle that always hits whatever is in the sink and coats the front of me... I like! After the 'hardware' store run, my new adventure took me up to the AT&T store. After a 25 min wait in line and almost getting turned away with a smug look of, honey, it's a setting on your phone, it isn't hard to fix... I can now receive MMS messages - pictures! Somehow it had gotten disabled on their system and Ha. Not. My. Fault. But that's it - that was my adventure for the day, I went to the At&t store.

Day 4 - Today I did something new and hopefully non-recurring. I woke up late (not new), decided to head out to Central Park and read (not new), picked up my phone and my book and walked out the door. Something in that last sentence is new. Phone - check. Book - check. Self - check. Keys - ? um. NOT CHECK!!! AGHGHHGH.... Things start swirling through my mind. It hasn't been even 5 seconds since the door has locked - can't we institute the 10 second rule you know? Like when food falls on the floor, you have 5 or 10 seconds to open your door again before you are locked out. I had no inspiration for what today's activities would be originally, but I do now. Today - I locked myself out of the apt. without keys or a metro card. So, new plan. I called Joel and met up with him at Rockefeller Center and made myself walk home too just so that maybe it'll sink in that it is a bad idea to walk out the door without ones keys. Bad. AKA, do not do again. On my walk home though, I got tired and say down in the park to read, so all was not lost. I even got my ~5 mile walk in for the day. Maybe I should put this day back to bed and take a nap.... :)

No comments:

Locations of visitors to this page