Thursday, August 23, 2007

August 23

Why can't I just sit and write a post... I delay and delay, and then it takes me almost an hour to review everything that I like to write about. Yikes. I guess I can always run the highlight reel.





Joel gets here in 7 days, next Thursday, Woooo!!!!


I'm cutting grass a couple days a week to make some money. I cut with my little brother's company. I've become one with this little doll. The Toro Z-master. We have a good time together. Aaron, Matt and I cut 16 yards in under 7 hrs, with a lunch break.
I'm currently applying for jobs. I'll let you know if I hear anything positive. I'm sure I'll be so elated, I won't be able to stop myself from blogging. As of yet, no word. Guess I'm trying to get into a field where I was unaware there was such a barrier to if you have had no cash handling experience ever. Oh well. Perhaps one such place will take a newbie under their wings. I'm willing to learn!

Reading some books. NEED suggestions, please. I'm reading Siddhartha by Herman Hesse... My book shelf is low on urgent need to read material. Just finish Death of a Salesman by Aurther Miller. I could really take to that book. It was a good read.

The contest is going well, I am almost tempted to start another contest. I'm impressed by what the simple competition environment for losing weight is encouraging us to do. It's amazing. Losing weight is much easier in a group than by one's self. I make it to the gym everyday - while I don't have a job, I figure that is the least I can do - and I'm eating healthy. Course, I would have never believed it, but in our 3rd soon to be 4th week of temps in the mid-90's or higher, it really cuts the appetite. I just can't eat. It just sits in the stomach, blech.

My redone room is amazing. Joel got this adorable cherry finish table for it with four little chairs. They look like miniature ottomans that slide under it. It's great for games and puzzles. Plus, the little ottoman chairs with the suede finish have storage inside! I must put a picture up sometime as it is hard to explain.

As described above, it's hot. 98 out today. Hot again tomorrow. We're in for a 'cool down' this weekend with temps only reaching 85-88 for a whole two days before it warms up again. Gosh, how lucky can one place be. There are large cracks in the ground outside and all of the grass is dead, just dead brown... which leads me to the question of why we cut the grass still. But hey, it's a job and some people do water their lawns.

With any luck, I'll post more tomorrow on some of the random things I've found out in my joblessness time frame. :-p

1 comment:

Monster Librarian said...

Tizzy! Quarters are in the mail tomorrow. Glad to hear that you are working while looking for work. The job market sucks...I am still looking for something more geared to what I want to do...we'll get there eventually.

Books: I just finished Middlesex, messed up, but really good.

I am reading Kite Runner, it is supposed to be amazing.

I will think of others. :) Happy Labor Day!

Locations of visitors to this page