Monday, August 13, 2007

August 13

Perspective changes:
I walked out today and was like, jeez, it feels great out here. It's 89 degrees. I guess a couple days of 100 degree weather will do that to you.

Yay! Tonight is Les Mis at the Muny.

Tomorrow is the start of a tournament for Joel, I, Laurel and Will - The Biggest Loser. Aug 14-Dec. 14th. We're going to see who can get to goal weight. For some of that, it means that we lose weight, for some, to gain. It should be fun. We each got scales to aid in the effort and progress will be updated as time goes along. It makes it a lot more of an incentive when others are doing it too, when there is a long enough time to make a difference, and when money is involved :). To the winner goes $80.

Joel leaves tomorrow, sad. But he comes back for Labor Day!

I'm joining the YMCA tomorrow! I hope to get in a few classes like Spinning and other things to keep me going. Should be lots o fun, maybe even get to swim and yeah, we'll see.

My refurbished room looks pretty, I'll have to post pictures.

Getting back into baseball craziness. I like to watch the games again :)

Found a great discount liquor place/ wholesale store downtown that makes me sad that I have ever paid so much for liquor anywhere else.

Doing some coin collecting - quarters. I'm trying to get a few full sets of the state quarters. By a few sets, I mean 5. They have people they are going to go to once I finish them. However... In total, 420 quarters - not 500 as the other states haven't come out yet, I'm about 140 shy. Those darn PA mints... There are Denver and Philadelphia mint marks and a full set has one from each state with each mint mark. Anyone want to help? I can exchange quarters!

Oh well, that's life for now.

3 comments:

Monster Librarian said...

I'll let you know...I am collecting a set too...and always seem to wind up with extras. I will email you soon with what I have, and maybe we can trade! YEAH!

Kt said...

Yeeks, what a project. The quarters, not the target weight. You know what? I don't buy into target weight. I'm a devotee of those little fat-pinching caliper thingies.

Although...having to gain weight for a competition would be fun...

Elipses!!....

TSOldtimer said...

I'm glad the heat broke for you. It broke here, too. It's not going to get past 75 here, although I'm doubting it's going to even make it that high. We're expecting temps in the 40s at night. Shoot me.

Locations of visitors to this page