Sunday, July 8, 2007

Post 4th of July downtown

Yeah, lots to update. Throughout the night, we launched fireworks for 2 hrs and headed inside around midnight. Including family and friends of mine and my siblings, we had about 15 people here watching the fireworks. It was great. We watched from a safe distance, though we did have one instance where some flying paper chards zoomed towards us and struck us, specifically my friend joe. Nothing wrong, just gets you on alert. Ducks, Tanks, lots of fireworks. Up until 1 chatting and talking about everything. Around 2, while Joel and I were in my room watching the fireworks on this computer, we heard some very close fireworks outside. Wha? I saw one come very close to my front window and so we opened the blinds and didn't see anything wrong. We left the blinds open and a few minutes later, I looked out the window and saw a gold reflection in Joel's car. Huh? 2 in the morning and something wasn't right. I stormed outside leaving Joel to wonder what I was up to and found that someone had set out trashcans on fire! We only get trash taken once a week, so there was a fair amount out there. There were 10 ft. flames and all I could do was watch. Joel went in to wake my parents and we put out the fire. In the debris, we could see that someone had indeed put 4 bottlerockets around the trashcans and had thrown more into them. Strange. What indeed is this world coming to. Frazzled at the destruction, we walked up and down the street and found unlit fireworks all over, and then about 45 min. later, we walked up to the top of the hill and found another trash can on fire. At 2:45 in the morning, I met my neighbor for the first time and put out that fire too. We called it in to the police and called ourselves down around 4 to sleep. It was an interesting night.

No comments:

Locations of visitors to this page