Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Festivities

I'm sitting in the kitchen listening to my two brothers and Joel talk about our 4th of July plans. Not only are we going to go downtown and watch Cindy Lauper (oh boy. :-p) from under the arch, but we are going to see one of the greatest 45 min. music/fireworks display with 20,000+ other people. What I am really referring to is some very strange plans of their desire to blow up Barbie. As my good friend Brian said tonight, " i would expect nothing less from the youngs...yardwork and exploding barbies :)". There was lots of yardwork today, but they built a rocket this evening and bought $90 worth of fireworks to set off tomorrow. They got a barbie with minimal clothing - a bikini - for the purpose of sending up into space with not much drag. This conversation has lasted 45 min. so far. They are planning for next year already. This is year #2 on this endeavor. Be amused, don't be concerned or alarmed. This is just one of the strange things that my family does and I accept this.
Just finished playing a couple of games of spades. Spent 5 hrs working outside unloading a tree from the trailer (3 hrs) and washing the truck - it's a nice truck for the other two. I'm trying to account for my time and am failing miserably.
This is just a post to unload my mind on. 3 BBQ's, and the Arch to go to tomorrow! Wooooo... and then Thursday is off to IL.

4 comments:

Kt said...

Hey, does your state let you buy fireworks that actually launch into the air? I'd love to hear how far Barbie makes it. We're going to entertain ourselves by trying not to blow up cars or start any brush fires - tradition, you know.

boom!

TSOldtimer said...

OOH! Exploding Barbies are ALWAYS a good time! And festivities at the Arch sound kinda cool, too. The biggest crowd I think I'll see today is when we go to Kripalu for fireworks. Gotta scoot: breakfast at the brook!

Monster Librarian said...

Your day sounds more exciting than mine. You'll have to write about how far Barbie makes it...brings new meaning to "skyrockets in flight, afternoon delight."

Unknown said...

I am sorry I missed Barbie explosion part 2. The original had me dying of laughter. Gotta love the Young house for absolute craziness!

Locations of visitors to this page