Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Rain - From Mar. 19 - forgot to post... or to finish wr...

It rained and rained the last few days. We got around 8" of rain in fact. That's quite unheard of for these areas. The last time I remember such a torrential downpour was back in Oct of '05 at the farm when Joel and I tried to go camping up in Maine. We started off down a road in MA having not checked the weather in advance and had to turn back a couple times from the road flooding out. We were off to check out the fall folliage and what we ended up doing was touring Maine in the rain and cloud cover and attempting to stay dry in a soggy tent. I remember, it let up for 15 min before we left camp and headed home where it started to rain again. Once we got back, we found out how much it had rained in Monterey and in Maine and saw the bridge was flooded and the roads had big gullies down the centers. What a memory. So, as it was raining hard all day long, I thought of the days of travelling. It inspired me to read ooold posts, ones from when I just started at the farm. I guess my nostaligia comes through here.



As for my life, Joel just left after being here for the week of his Spring Break. We did lots of things. I ended up losing a lot of sleep, we'd stay up late talking watching tv. When did I get to be such a junkie for tv? I don't even want to have one in the house, but somehow, from 10 until 11:30, I sit and watch the 'boob tube' as it's been called in my family. I don't have any idea how it got the name. It must be a midwestern thing too cause people around here use the term for the tv. 10:00 is Two and half Men, 10:30 is Everybody Loves Raymond and 11:00 is King of Queens. Around 11:30, I try to turn in

1 comment:

Monster Librarian said...

Hope you had fun with Joel. :)

Locations of visitors to this page