Sunday, March 30, 2008

Farm Sightings

A re-post from the topside blog:

Ok, since there isn't a snowball's chance in hell that anyone will just pop up on my radar down here in St. Louis, I have to survive on other bits of farm. Music. Day after day of listening to eclectic music chosen by different people in the kitchen has stuck with me. In the past week, I have had encounters three times that have 'transported' me back.

After getting over my initial paralysis at hearing something so out of place, I eventually came up with the names of the Bands, and a little more searching led me to finding out the titles.

Ben Lee in Kohl's - We are all in this Together
UPS commercial with the Postal Service - the first 30 seconds of Such Great Heights
Kohl's again - Wrapped up in Books

Seems as if we here in the Midwest are a little behind in getting the music, trends, and fashion, but I guess that isn't really a new revelation. I just liked the little slice of something... familiar.

3 comments:

Monster Librarian said...

Good news Tizzy--The Postal Service's new CD is due out in May!

Maybe I can come visit this summer!

Monster Librarian said...

Oh Tizzy! I meant to say Death Cab For Cutie's new CD will be out in May. I hear you...when I miss the farm and my fav. farm people I put in the Topside and Kitchen Mixes. Sigh...can't we all just live in the Berkshires!?

Mummy Dearest said...

Seems like you a Monster are longing for the same thing, judging by her latest post. Maybe it's the spring? Maybe it's just your good sense?

We miss you, always! And would ALWAYS support your move back here. There is always McKee School...

Locations of visitors to this page