Wednesday, January 5, 2011

How the tides have changed


6 months ago, I lived in NYC in a small apt wondering when I might be able to live in a house, live in the country side, have a garden, get a pet, spend time outside... Today, I find myself in an entirely different position.
I'm sitting in front of a fireplace, burning wood we've cut. Eating 3 seed bread, which we made from scratch. Sitting next to a decorated Christmas tree, that we grew and cut down. In a house that we own... well, that we live in. Planting seeds for a garden that I hope to have this Spring and summer. Shooing out a cat that really believes she's an indoor cat, and thinks she's a dog too.

How much more different can life be from 6 months ago?

I'm pleasantly pleased with the changes and though we may not have a job, we're making do all right.



1 comment:

Monster Librarian said...

I am glad that you are enjoying this time! Hope I can come see you this spring!

Locations of visitors to this page